Student Lab Policies
Please adhere to the Student Conduct Code set by the university here.
- Users must refrain from consuming food and drinking from non-sealable containers in the computer labs.
- Alcohol and tobacco products are not allowed on campus, and this holds true in all the Student Labs. For more information on Montana State University’s policy see here
- Users should refrain from taking cell phone calls in the lab as common courtesy to other users. Calls can be taken in the hallway or lobby areas outside of the labs.
- Users must exit a lab that has a class scheduled during that time. Notifications are sent out by our user support staff and class schedules are also hung outside the door of each lab.
- Users must never dismantle or attempt to troubleshoot any equipment within the Student Labs. Please inform lab staff of any issues or malfunctions.
- Only properly identified service animals are allowed in the Student Computer Labs.
Warning: If anyone is found to be breaking lab policies and procedures student lab personnel will inform them of the policy or procedure being broken. Repeat offenders of the above procedures can have their lab privileges revoked as well as a meeting with the Assistant Dean. The Campus Police can also become involved if necessary.
Note: At any point if you have a question about any of the above policies please ask a User Support Associate in Reid 304 and Roberts 110 or contact Lab Management.